Here they are all snug in their paper cases waiting to go in the oven. The recipe is a basic banana cake one that I have been using for years. I divided it into three bowls and added some blue, green and red colouring to each. We put a drop of each colour mix into each paper case.
G'day, How are you going? I hope you are having a wonderful day. It's Monday AGAIN?!! Where is the time going? Chrissie will be here before we know it. I have drawn up some sketches of the cards I want to make for Chrsitmas, so hopefully I can share some of my ideas here with you soon.
Today I have some photos of the Monster patty cakes we made the day our nephew spent the day at our house. I will include the recipe along the way as well.
Here is a closeup of the inside. ''Monster Patty Cakes''. Some Mums will try anything to get fruit into their kids. This is one of the best recipes for doing that. I used bananas in the base recipe, I also peeled and diced a pear. Sneaky, Me?! No! I'm just a Mum doing her job. Lol.
Now, here is the Recipe:-
150g margarine or soft butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup mashed, very ripe bananas
1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2) Place papers in Patty pans.
3) Beat margarine or butter and brown sugar together until creamy.
4) Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
5) Beat in mashed banana. Don't be concerned if mixture appears to curdle.
6) Sift flour and cinnamon together and mix into banana mixture. If you are adding food colouring or extra fruit do so now.
7) Spoon into patty papers and bake for between 15-20 mins. Or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
I hope you give this recipe a whirl, it is so easy. It works well as a whole cake as well. Just cook it in any pan, until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. I didn't get a chance to ice or frost these ones as they just evaporated. You can use a plain vanilla frosting if you like. It is up to you, the cake is a nice moist one, fine without any extra topping.
Well that's it from me today. I will be back soon with some more cards and things to share. I have two birthday cards to do and the Christmas cards to start. So, I should have some more papercrafting ideas in my next post.
Thanks for popping by and happy creating.